A Rainy Day - Essay

A Rainy Day
I woke up one morning in July last year. The weather was fine. My school started at 7:30 in the morning. I took my breakfast and went to the Bus Stand. The wind began to blow harder. Gray and dark clouds began to approach from the north. Before we reached the school it grew dark. Ran began to fall in torrents. Somehow I reached the school. I was drenched to the skin. My clothes were dripping, I presented ridiculous appearance. However, I got consolation when I saw that my school fellows had fared no better.

The Head Master circulated a notice that the school was closed for the rest of the day. But we could not go back home as the rain was still falling heavily. Thundering and lightening were producing horrible noise. It looked as if there was a general bombardment all around.

At last the rain stopped for some time about three hours. I came out of the school. There was another shock in store for me. There was water on Bunder Road. I waded in the water and the water rose to my hips. Man buses, rucks motor cycles and rickshaws had failed and were lying helplessly in water. With great difficulty I came out the water. Suddenly I saw a rainbow. White clouds were still floating on the sky. Dust of plants, flowers and trees had been washed away. I was thrilled by these scenes.

Where there was only knee deep water, some children were sailing paper boats and ships. Some naughty children were splashing this dirty water on one another and also on the passers by. Since I was wet all over and the wind was cold, I began to shiver at times, I reached home.

My mother was very much worried about me. On seeing me she at once sent me to the bathroom. I took hot water bath and changed. I was then given two cups of hot tea. I sat down in my room and enjoyed scenes of light showers and drizzling from time to time. I shall ever remember that partucular day which gave me so much of thrill and pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Game Cricket Essay

Blessing Of Science Essay

Significant Figures With Rules in Chemistry